In this video I am going to give you 5 easy and cost effective ways to buy ethical and sustainable fashion.
I recently interviewed Dawn Gallagher who is a big advocate for making conscious fashion and beauty choices. This really made me think and look into this issue further.
I watched the documentary ‘The True Cost’ on Netflix about the real cost of fast fashion. This was really eye opening to me, but also overwhelming.
As I have started looking for ways to make more ethical and sustainable fashion choices, I have found some easy and cost effective ways of doing so. Here are my tips:
1. Become more aware: Educate yourself on what fast fashion is costing the planet and the people who make the clothing. I think awareness is the first step and from there, you can make more informed decisions.
2. Decide what is most important to you: Is sustainability, ethically made, eco friendly, vegan, animal friendly more important to you? When looking for all these things in a product, it can get overwhelming. We hope in the future this will change, but for now, decide what is most important to you.
3. Shop your values: Shop the brands who have the same values as you. This can feel overwhelming to, but there is a free app called ‘Good on you’ that can help you with this process. It doesn’t feature all the brands, but it does feature quite a few of the popular brands.
4. Wear the clothing you have and buy: One of the easiest ways to be more sustainable is to wear what you have and only buy what you will wear and wear a lot. Even if you don’t shop sustainable and ethical brands, by wearing the clothing you do buy, you are reducing the amount you consume.
5. Thrifting: This is a super easy way to make sustainable, ethical and eco friendly fashion choices. You can save yourself a fortune by thrifting, buying from consignment stores and vintage stores. This ensures those items have a longer lifespan instead of just ending up in a landfill.
To get your free download on ‘How to look fashionable over 40’ click here
To see the Tracy Gold Collection Online Store (ethically made) click here
For more personalised tips consider one of my image makeover services for women over 40. Click here for more.
In this video you will get tips on fashion for women over 40, Tracy Gold Fashion Tips, ethical and sustainable fashion, ethical and sustainable fashion on a budget, how to shop ethically on a budget, how to shop ethical, sustainable fashion, how to shop for clothes for women over 40, how to shop for clothes that are sustainable, conscious shopping for women over 40, ethical shopping for women over 40, sustainable shopping for women over 40, cost effective ways to buy ethical and sustainable fashion.